Skip to main content

Cloudy Photo Shoot


Photo shoot: August, 2018

I took this photo shoot in three different locations. The first one has sort of a nature back round, so lets take a look at that one!


For this first photo, I placed Rachael against a large pine tree, and then I placed the camera on the ground and pointed it up towards Rachael.

I am pleased with how this photo turned out. I think there might be too many shadows in the picture, but I am still playing around and learning how to edit pictures, so I'll figure out how to reduce shadows at some point. :-)



The next picture I took was from above Rachael. I sat Rachael down against a hay bale we had next to a Crape Myrtle tree we had. I placed a doll book I had on her lap to make it look like she was reading her book and stopped and looked up. I really like this picture. I also really like how the flowers in the corner turned out.  I would rate this photo a 7/10.


I only took one picture at our next location. I brought Rachael and stood her up next to a white shed in my backyard.


This picture is my favorite from the photo shoot. I like how Rachael really looks like she is looking at the camera. I think the white background is a little boring, but the brown grass and the bottom of the shed adds a little interest. I would rate this photo a 8/10.

The last location for this photo shoot was next to a gravel pile that was in my driveway.


This photo again was an upward shot of Rachael. The gravel and trees in the back round add some interest to the photo. The layered clouds also make a nice background as well. Like the other upward shot photo, I think there are a lot of shadows which makes the photo a little dark, but I think it turned out good overall. I would rate this photo a 6/10.


The last photo I took of Rachael was by the gravel pile as well. I think this is probably my least favorite photo I took. I don't know. There is something about the photo which makes me not like it as much as the other ones. I do like how there is a lot of background interest though, with the wagon, gravel, and wood pile. I would rate this photo a 5/10.


So, there won't be another photo shoot for a while because my camera broke and I am in the process of buying a new one. I also purchased the Our Generation kayak set, so that will definitely be in the next photo shoot!

I think overall, this is probably my least favorite photo shoot I did. I think the cloudy background makes the whole atmosphere a little gloomy, which is why I don't like it that much. But I think it still turned out great!

~AGDP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Shoot

Photo Shoot: October 8th, 2018 Fall is upon us! The lighting was really good today, so I decided to do a Fall-themed photo shoot! I took all of the pictures today in one location. I used my front door as the background and took a couple of small pumpkins in front of the door. Rachael's outfit today consists of three different brands of doll clothes. I have had the shirt ever since I was 4-5, and I think my grandparents gave it to me with a bunch of other clothes. I never liked the shirt when I was younger, but I really like it now! The fur vest and the purse are both from Our Generation, and the black leggings are from Michael's. My best friend gave me this American Girl doll hair styling DVD, and I got today's hairstyle out of there. So, that is where her outfit and hairstyle came from! I took some pictures of Rachael sitting and standing. After I took some pictures, I found a pine cone on the ground and thought it might be a nice touch. Here are the pictures!

Nature Shoot and New Camera!

Photo Shoot: August 30, 2018 I purchased a new camera! Right as I got home, I did a new photo shoot. The last camera I had was a Sony DSC W810. I was planning on purchasing the Sony DSC W830, which was the first camera I had. The W810 was my second. The store I went to did not have the W830, so I ended up getting the Cannon Powershot ELPH80. I am so happy with it! I think it takes better pictures than the W810. Last week, my sister and I purchased three new doll outfits from Our Generation. I mixed and matched two of those outfits to make the outfit Rachael is wearing now. I was so excited to buy these outfits because they were on sale. I also did not have any good doll shorts, and I also did not have any doll sandals, bags, or denim shirts. The shorts she is wearing are green and grey striped with a bow on the top of them. The light blue denim shirt she is wearing has some ties on the bottom of the shirt, so I tied the shirt and the shorts together. The sandals she is wearin

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year! 🎄 I took these pictures on a phone earlier this month, but never got around to editing them until yesterday. My family recently got Photoshop, and I had a lot of fun playing around with the editing with these pictures. Have a very Merry Christmas! I will put the rest of the pictures below. ~AGDPS